Baltimore Maryland | 8,000 square feet | Restaurant
A 1940’s shoe store was transformed into a restaurant and bar with a mix of formal/casual dining and bar/lounge for 200. A rhythm of textural layers leads patrons through multiple levels and provides a variety of spatial experiences. A new “V” stair assumed a similar form to the original while becoming a feature as it connected the 4 levels. The architectural partitions are melded with banquette seating and the accent finishes to reate an intimate environmetn. Salvaged elements from the shoe store and original finishes added personality and neighborhood appel. Careful respect was maintained for the the mid-century modern character, thus meeting historic tax credit eligibility criteria.
2005 AIA Baltimore Chapter Award
2005 AIA Maryland Chapter Award
2005 ASID Maryland Chapter Award